Monday, January 25, 2010

CVS: OOP $.37/Savings $39.75

I did better this time and remembered my bag tag and double extra bucks coupon that forgot last time. However, I'm having some issues with EB printing properly. Last week the $10 EB for the Pepsi deal didn't print even though I made sure it added up to more than $20 (before coupons). I talked to the manager and she printed it. This week the Revlon deal caused some issues (more on this below).

2 dove deodorants $3.50 each (saved $1.29 each)
(plus 2 $2 coupons ~ received $2 EB)
1 Gatorade $1.25 (saved .44)
1 Almay Eye Shadow $5.99 (saved $2.00)
(plus $1/1 coupon ~ received $4 EB)
1 Revlon nail polish $1.25 (saved $3.74)
(plus $1 coupon)
1 Revlon lipstick $5 (saved 2.99)
(plus $1 coupon)
1 Revlon eyeliner $7.49
(plus $1 coupon ~ received $7 EB for $15 in Revlon products)
PLUS
$5/$25 purchase coupon from last receipt
$10 EB from last time
$5 EB from survey I was emailed

Total OOP: $.37 (entire thing was tax)
Total Savings: $39.75 (Sale and Coupon and ECB)
ECB Earned: $2, $4, $7 (see above)
Bolded Items: to be donated (none this week)

Total CVS spending YTD: $17.32
Total CVS savings YTD: $108.18
Winter 2010 spending (according to CVS Receipt): $51.55 (where does this number come from?)
So the problem with the Revlon deal is that the nail polish rang up for $1.25 even though it was labeled $4.99 on the shelf. I have no idea why it rang up as that and I told the cashier this. It was clearly labeled at $4.99. They finally printed out the EB for me. I feel kind of bad about it now, but the whole thing took so long that I wound up late to meet a friend. I just wanted to get out of there. I need to avoid that CVS location for a little while... The cashier was not amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment